Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm still fighting!

I feel better today. I had a rough one yesterday, but I finished it well. Sometimes it helps to just say exactly what is on your mind. Sometimes you talk yourself into a corner, but usually you get your point across. I am a graduate of listening 101 now too. Listening when you talk with someone is probably the single most important thing you can do in a relationship. It is the key, because a lot of the things she’ll tell you are between the lines, and you have to figure it out. If you’re not listening in the first place, you are dead in the water.

I did have a typical Friday otherwise. Average crowd with an average tournament. The $$$ was ok. Two more days like that will be just fine with me. I’d like to see Sunday busy, I hope the March madness doesn’t cut into our business too much. The cigar crowd has been missing so far, and I haven’t heard one guest complain in their absence.

I had a player fold the second nut face up like he was making this great lay down. There were two kings and two eights on the board. This guy didn’t see the eights, and his king he was holding was accompanied by a 4 of 6 or something. He muttered something about being beat and laid it down face up. The other player then showed his king rag and took the whole pot. The poor guy got shit from everybody on that one.

I went dancing in the cabaret after work for awhile and then went home. I’m still going strong on the no booze thing. WORD!

I got to stay strong over these next few months, because I feel like my entire life as I know it is up for grabs. I have hit a major crossroads in my life, and I can go anywhere from here. I lost the one I love to my ignorance, but she is not far away. I have a lot to prove, mostly to myself. But I can do it. You gotta believe in yourself man!

J

No comments: