Friday, December 11, 2009

Party Training

I got to run the tournament last night at the Nugget. It was fun, we had about 30 players and everything went super smooth. They played down to five players and chopped up the money. Part of the deal included a generous tip from all the players, which was a great bonus. I love when you get a take charge player in the end who demands that the dealers be included in the chop. Thanks, man!

I was able to get a small no limit game going after the tournament. We’re trying out a single $2 blind no limit game with a $50-$500 buy in. It was lucrative – lots of action. I wanted to sit in, I really did. I’m still retired, kind of like Allen Iverson, except that age has only helped my skills. I’ll play when the time is right.

There was another “party” downstairs in the billiards bar when I got off work. The Brazilian girls were in for cocktails and made me promise to come join them after my shift. I stayed for a bit, and even did my part by calling the guys to come out for a party. I didn’t know it would last only an hour or so. The girls started leaving 2 or 3 at a time – tired I guess. I tried buying a round of shots, but apparently the definition of party in Portuguese is to sit for 1 hour with 1 drink then go to sleep. Party training USA style must begin immediately! I think the plan was to go up to Southern X, but I am trying to save $$$ and I’ve got that Mrs. Jones type thing going anyway. Yes… I went home early! ;)

I’m working swing shift at the Nugget tonight. Come on out and play some poker!


Some Fun Quotes I posted years ago...

Take away the right to say "f**k" and you take away the right to say "f**k the government!”

-- Lenny Bruce

Do you wake up in the morning feeling sleepy and grumpy? Then you must be Snow White.

-- David Frost

An American girl hit on me in a club and asked me to make her an Egyptian princess. So I threw a sheet over her head and told her to be quiet.

-- Ahmed Ahmed

I bet a lot of mimes choke to death because nobody believes they're really choking.

-- John Gephart

Yes, time flies. And where did it leave you? Old too soon...smart too late.

-- Mike Tyson

I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three.

-- Elayne Boosler

Skill is successfully walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls. Intelligence is not trying.

-- Anonymous

No comments: