Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Won Another One

I am killing it. I won the Wendover Nugget No Limit Hold’em tournament last night. That’s 2 wins and 3 cashes in the last 3 days.

I worked 9 ½ hours today, the first day of the Summer Spectrum of Poker tournaments at the Rainbow and Montego Bay.

Lots of no limit and 2-5 limit games today. We had Omaha and a 20-40 Hold’em game too. I got two pushes at the Omaha game and never saw the 20-40. Where is the justice from the poker gods? I guess I gotta pay my dues somehow.

The tournament was in full swing as I left, with the field at the Rainbow narrowed to 5 tables and the players just returning from break. The blinds were a little rough, because 10-20, 20-40 and 40-80 use so many $5 chips to make. The dealer I was following was chipping them all up, so I was constantly making change.

Someone’s getting lucky and winning a WSOP seat tonight. I wish it were me.

The action at the billiards bar in the Nugget is still good. There are lots of people out socializing every night, and the foreign population coming out to party in full force. Jose and Jason have something in the works tonight as I write.

Pictures to follow….

J

No comments: