Monday, March 27, 2006

Work Sucks, I'm Going Fishin'


Highlights from Today (and last night):

I don’t know why I included last night on the lists of highlights, because there weren’t many. I did go to the corner club for awhile and hung out with Jose, Fernando and some others. It was a good night, but then I couldn’t get to sleep. I did manage to wake up on time.
Dealing to Helen Powers. That is definitely a highlight. She is a popular DJ for KBER radio in SLC.
Eating a McDonald’s double cheeseburger. Two actually, and they even held the onions for me.
Daydreaming. I really came up with some good stuff today. Long days are like that sometimes.

Well, the tournament weekend is finally over. It was a good weekend. Not too many stories to tell, but I made some dough and saw a lot of people that I have dealt with in the past. One thing that is killing me is remembering everyone’s names. I can’t seem to keep up with everyone, and I feel bad about it because they are the people that are really paying me.

I did have a run in with a regular, but I think he was just blowing off some steam. I know I was.

I am excited by the presence of so many women at this weekend’s tournament. I think it will help spread the popularity of the game. I don’t mind the scenery either. One more thing, I think women are better tippers than men. Not the biggest, but consistently the best. I really do appreciate it ladies!

Wow, it’s been incredible outside. I was able to go out in just a t-shirt for the past two days. I can’t wait for this summer; it should be a great one. Barbecues and Parties a-plenty.

I’ve been debating this one for awhile, but I’ll go ahead and write it. Jose clued me in to an important fact of life. If you’re doing something you’re not supposed to be doing and you get caught, try to involve the people who caught you. That way they won’t rat you out, because they’re doing it too. Brilliant advice from a pro. And it really worked too.

J

No comments: