Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wow, a month already?

Ok Matt, here is the post I promised. And you know I keep my promises.

On a positive note, I am working on my games. Poker and golf mostly. I spent some of my cash on the Harrington on Hold’em series. Very good books, I am seeing some differences in my game online already.

I surfed the couch at Matt's place last night. We sat on the porch and drank beer till 2am. That’s pretty late for Utah. We played a $10 sit’n go on PokerStars. Matt was showing me some of his style and all but guaranteed a win. I’ll be damned if we didn’t pull it off. Won the thing heads up with a 5-2 off suit. Caught a deuce on the flop and it was over. Thanks for the good advice Matt.

This weekend is the annual MDA (Muscular Dystrophy) ride here in Wendover. LOTS of cool bikes. It’s usually a good time, so If you haven’t been to Wendover lately (or ever), come on out. Make sure to give a shout to Fernando, Martin and Shawn at the billiards bar downstairs at the Nugget. Come down to the Rainbow and play some poker too. We’ve been having some sick no limit games lately. Big, big, stupid big pots. Lots of $$$ up for grabs. Big swings, but easy money for the patient. We had a good 10-20 with a half kill last weekend too. Maybe we’ll get lucky and spread another this weekend.

Until tomorrow…. (I promise)

J

No comments: