Friday, July 22, 2005

My Real Job

Well, Its official! I am now a Poker Dealer at Binions on Fremont Street. Nice big room with 40+ tables and 4 daily tournaments. At any given time you can find a 2-4 and 4-8 game, sometimes a 3-6. They also almost always have a 1-2 no-limit game and some tournament action, both single table sit-n-go's and 4 multi table tournaments per day. If there is enough interest, they will spread anything you like.

I started at Binions last Wednesday night as a temp dealer during the World Series Finals. I didn't get to deal the final tables, apparently Harrahs brought there own (Bastards), but there was plenty downstairs to keep me busy. The biggest game I dealt was a $25-$50 pot limit Omaha. Most pots were in the $5000 - $8000 range. It was fun but a little rough with all the hundred dollar bills being passed around.

I found plenty of things about Binions that made me want to stay on, so when a full time position was offered, it was an easy decision. Sorry Texas Station, but your room is too small.....

to be continued....

No comments: